I finished this dress off on Wednesday – I’m super proud of myself, I think its turned out really well!
I used the Kim pattern from By Hand London and I think it worked so well with the fabric which is ‘Biology border print’ by Sarah Watson, I got a bolt end from Backstitch as I fell in love with the print – I think it looks like how I imagine Narnia would look in spring!
I really didn’t know what to do with it at first as I had just under 1.5m but I managed to squeeze (most of) the Kim dress onto it. I had to miss out the knife pleats on the front and cut back on some of the gorgeous sweep of the front. I flipped my bodice pieces upside-down, so where they meet at the waist is actually the top of the fabric. This was a little tricky as I tried hard to avoid any upside down butterflies on the bodice…
In the end it took me about 2 hours to place and cut the pieces! Which is about 4x longer than usual! But I’m really please with how it turned out!